Liz is passionate about helping organisations that champion the need for stronger and sustainable communities.
Liz supports a number of Hampshire based not-for-profit organisations in a variety of ways from undertaking paid assignments to working and collaborating on a pro-bono basis including:
- Liz is an ‘advocate’ for Winchester Trinity.
- Liz is proud to support the Trinity Big Sleep Out event held annually in Winchester to raise the profile of homelessness and vulnerable people in the city.
- In 2019 – Liz co-founded a group called “Friends of the Alex Lewis Trust” to raise the profile of the Alex Lewis Trust. The first event organised by the Friends was held in May 2019 at the Hotel du Vin Winchester. Positivity and collaboration was at the heart of the event which was compered by BBC South presenter Laura Trant, supported by regional businesses and had 60 people in attendance. Watch the video here.
- Liz is a non-executive director for the Hampshire Chamber of Commerce and member of their Winchester Business Strategy Group
- Liz is proud to support the Ark Cancer Centre Charity which is raising £5million to help fund a new NHS cancer treatment centre that will be built by Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT). Located at Basingstoke hospital, the new centre will help and support cancer patients and their loved ones in the HHFT area. Ark’s £5m will ensure that complementary and supportive services are provided alongside radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatments under one roof in a calm and uplifting environment. The Arkriders are a group of cycling fundraisers who raise money to support Ark Cancer Centre Charity’s £5million appeal that will help to build a much-needed NHS cancer treatment centre. Since 2016, the Arkriders have raised more than £215,000 for Ark – an awesome achievement – and in 2019, 29 Arkriders will be raising more money by taking part in the Arkriders 2019 Twin Towns Tour.